Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm going to be a dad? Me?

It kind of hit me today. I'm going to be a dad. Whoa. Me, a dad. The guy who makes
up silly songs and does funny dances still, a dad. I rode a scooter down a hill going really
fast the other day. The scooter was built for an 7-12 year old, me a dad. I like to wrestle
and be silly, I guess those can be good dad qualities. I am not really an old dude, but I
guess young guys are dads too. It has definately made me think more about my responsibilities
since hearing about my son (we are not sure, but I'm thinking son until shown
otherwise). I know I can not handle the responsibility on my own. John 16 tells us about
the Holy Spirit and how he will guide us into all truth. In the context of the passage Jesus
is talking about the role of the Holy Spirit, and what He will do. I know that God is also
concerned about our everyday lives. I am able to raise my child if I stay close to Christ.
If I don't, I will raise him/her in my own strength, and that is not good. I think it is interesting
how folks think of themselves today. Our culture tells us that we should be strong, proud, wise, self-reliant,
independant, "Have it our way", selfish and our that our knowledge is increaseing all the time. God's word tells
us that we should be humble, patient, dependent upon God, realize/acknowledge our frailties, and put others'
needs above our own.

Just a few thoughts.........

John 15:4-5
"Abide in Me, and I in you(Jesus speaking). As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine,
so neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him,
he bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."


In Jesus...... or as they say in Ukraine eezus.
Slava Bog

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have no fears Lee....you are going to be a fantastic Dad!! You have all the energy and faith a man could ever need!

Lindsay McCutcheon

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home