Sunday, July 09, 2006

Long Post

Allright,

I spent thursday night on a plane and did not really sleep.
But we went back 7 hours, so I really haven't had but maybe
7 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours. We rode a train from
7-5am yesterday-this morning. I listened to Russian techno
music coming out of the speaker on the sleeper car. It was
a stretching experience. We stayed in Kiev and walked around
yesterday and went to the market and bought some stuff. We
stayed on a house boat our first night in Kiev, it was cool.
My days are kind of running together right now. Tonight will
be my second night sleeping in a bed since we have been gone.
I gave my testimony today at a church service today and that
was cool to see how the folks interacted with me as I talked.
I also went to vist a drug rehab place today and talked with
some men. It was the best thing so far on the trip. I was
able to sit and laugh with these men who had horrible starts
in Life, but Jesus changed thier hearts. They live in what
we would consider an abandoned house. It has no running water
the have to walk about 50 yards with buckets to get water to
to dishes with, yet they did not complain once. The fellowship
we had with these guys was awesome and it was a humbling experience.
We are doing some public evangelism later this week as well as
working with orphans. That is an update. When I get back I will
post video/pics. I'll try to post again soon.

PS After the church service, they had a wedding, and it was unreal.
I got photos. You are allowed to walk all over the place and get
right up in there. I explained that in america you are not allowed
to do that and my interpreter (Sveta) thought that was the dumbest
thing ever. She said you want good pictures right? why would you
stay all the way in the back. = )

In Jesus,
the Name above all names

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was Great to hear from you! I have checked your site at least 2 times a day since you left. You are doing great work and I am very proud of you. Love, Mom

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so joyful that you are in my life. You are truly a shining light in a sometimes very dark world. I know that you were "given to me" for more than one reason. Someone so steadfast in their convictions is rare, especially in our time. Thank you for all you are doing. I enjoy your pictures very much. You are definately where He wants you to be.
Love, Ma

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home